Monday, February 26, 2007

Okay...I Feel Old!!!

I absolutely love working with the students at First Baptist Concord. I feel so blessed that God called me to be Stan’s wife and for us to have the privilege to work with students. I take this calling as an extreme honor!

The one thing that happens though when working with students is that you often times feel really old (even though I’m only 26!)! This instance happened again just recently. I happened to glance down at the shoes that a girl had on and I said “Bailey…you have Sebagos!” I was shocked that Sebagos were coming back in style already…it wasn’t that long ago that I wore them…or was it?!? Bailey said “Darby what are Sebagos?” I informed her that Sebagos were the shoes she was wearing. She then informed me that they were actually called Sperrys! Oh…you know you’re old when a style that you wore 20 years ago comes back with a different name!!! Fun times!

(Left are Sperrys...Right are Sebagos)



0 comments: