Tuesday, July 17, 2007

God is so good!!!

To some of you this may be old news, but for those of you who don’t know…

When I began college in 1998 I prayed (and many of you prayed along with me) for God to guide my path in which career direction I should go. I explored many, many different directions and felt that I should get my degree in Organizational Management (aka Business). During this time I began working as the Receptionist at Lockwood Greene. In 2003 I received my Bachelors Degree from Tusculum College. After completing my degree I was moved into the role of Administrative Assistant and a year later was promoted to Human Resources Administrator. The entire time I just knew that this is not what God had for me. In the fall of 2005 Stan and I began discussing what I would want to do if I were not at Lockwood Greene…my answer…I would teach! Stan and I prayed and talked about this quiet frequently. In February 2006 Stan told me that if I could find a school where I could continue working full-time and get my certification he would completely support me! After much research my friend Jennifer and I found a school. South College in Knoxville offered a post-baccalaureate program called TEACH. We found out that the program would consist of evening and weekend classes for 9 months, a 15-week student teaching rotation, and then certification! After much prayer Jennifer and I began the TEACH program in September 2006. Now here we are many classes and Praxis tests behind us…in three short weeks we will begin student teaching!!! In January 2008 I will be a classroom teacher…that is if there are any mid-year jobs available!

I resigned from my Human Resources position at CH2M HILL Lockwood Greene yesterday and my supervisors/co-workers here have been absolutely awesome and so supportive!

It has been so awesome to see God work in so many detailed situations during this time and to continue preparing me for what He has called me to do! I see that many years ago when God put this possibility before me he was beginning to pave the way for the calling in my life. I am so excited that this is the last summer that I will have to miss youth events due to work! And, I am anxiously waiting how God wants to use me! I am so thankful that with the support of my husband, all of my family, and friends that my dream and calling of being a teacher is finally coming true!!!

Here are the verses that I have clung to that have sustained me during very stressful times...
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Sorry for the looong post…but I had lots to share!

I promise to post camp pictures and updates very soon! God did amazing things while we were there and I cannot wait to share!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Darby that is so exciting! I had no idea :)

stacey said...

Awesome!!! I'm glad everything went well yesterday!! Love you!!

Tracy H said...

Darbs I'm so excited for you and you will make an awesome teacher!!! Keep following your dreams God will continue to open doors as you continue to be obedient to him.. I can't wait to hear more I know you will have some exciting stories to tell. Keep smiling... Love ya

Meredith said...

Darby this is so awesome!! I am so stinking excited for!! I know that you are going to be a great teacher and I can't wait for you to be able to jump in and get your hands dirty!!

Ashley said...

Darby, what an example you are on how it pays off to trust in God and follow your dreams. I'm very happy for you and will pray for you during this transition. You will make a wonderful teacher!

The Rue Family said...

Yay Darby! That is awesome! You will be the best teacher!

Tara said...

Yeahh Darby! I know it has been hard on you working and going to school at the same time! I have been praying for you every step of the way! I am so proud of you in all that you have accomplished and now you will be able to move on to your dream of "teaching"! You are going to be great at it! Just think all of those times that we played school when we were little were preparing you for this!!! Ha! I am sure that they will miss you at work, that is great that they have been so supportive! You have been so blessed with this opportunity before you! Love ya!

Darby said...

Thank you ALL for your encouragement, prayers, and support...you have no idea how much it means to me! I love you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of you!!! Your tenacity and diligence have inspired me!
I love you, Mama

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Darbs I am so proud of you! You have worked so hard this year. You are so disciplined to have been able to work full time, go to school and still work with the youth! God is going to use you in a mighty way teaching. I always knew that you were going to be a teacher from those times when you and Tara use to make Brett and I be your students and we had to sit quietly and do our work! I am pretty sure you even had a grade book back then! HA! Too funny! Love you,Lace

Summershea said...

Darby,

I am just getting use to this new adventure into technology. I was just reading through your blogs and saw that you had decided to persue teaching. This will be my fourth year in teaching and I just received my tenure. I have been truly blessed by each student in a different way. I often wonder if I have impacted their lives as much as they do mine each year. I am so excited for you and wish you the best of luck. Thank you for the words of encouragement as well.

Best wishes,
Summershea