Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I LOVE Student Teaching!!!

I am absolutely loving Eaton Elementary and everyone who works there! For my first placement (8 weeks long) I have been assigned to Mrs. Shoemaker's third grade classroom! Mrs. Shoemaker and all of the third grade teachers are absolutely awesome and really "know their stuff!" Tomorrow the students start and we have been busy preparing for them for the past two days! We all have that 'tomorrow is the first day of school' feeling! It's all so crazy...I really didn't expect to ever have that feeling again! One of the third grade teachers who has been teaching for over 20 years said that she still gets that feeling every year...what fun this is going to be!!! I am so excited about meeting all of our students...we are going to have 22! I'll post again soon with updates from the first day!

11 comments:

Meredith said...

DARBY this is so awesome good luck!! I am so excited for you, I'm starting an Education class this semester and I'm getting really excited so I want to hear all about your student teaching i love you!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Darbs I am so excited for you!! Cant wait to see how it goes! Love you!

Anonymous said...

You need to take your camera so you can post pictures!! Love Mama

Becca said...

I came across your blog from some others, but I'm getting ready to start my third year teaching (I teach third grade, too), and it DOES feel that way each year. :) Also, is Mrs. Shoemaker's first name Kristin by any chance? And I have a friend who teaches at Eaton--Angela Patterson. :) Anyway, congrats on making it to student teaching! It is a blessing, for sure. :)
Blessings,
Becca K.
mattandbecca05.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

How exciting Darby, I can't imagine that feeling right now, the first day of school! Have so much fun and keep us posted!

Tara said...

I have been thinking of you lots this week! I am so proud and EXCITED for you! I always loved that feeling! So refreshing and new to start a new school year! I cant wait to hear all about it, meanwhile I miss your emails during the day! Love you!
Tara

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you're loving it. I LOVE being at home with Chloe and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I sure have missed the beginning of the school year. That's always my favorite time as a teacher. I love decorating my classroom, writing the students' names on everything, meeting everyone . . . I can't wait to hear about your first day of school.

Katie said...

Good luck, I know you will have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

i get that way too darby! good luck !!!!!

Denira Baird Williams said...

Darby you're going to be a great teacher!!!

Wadsworth Family- said...

Darby,I am so glad you are loving it. Education is such a rewarding profession. I start back next week and can't wait to meet my students. I love all the wonderful smells of a new school year; freshly sharpened pencils,new crayons.....
Amanda