Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Lots of changes...

Tomorrow is my last day of work at CH2M HILL! While it is very exciting it is also very sad because I have been with the company for five years! Here is my office...I will really miss it!
And, what does every girl need with a life change...a new 'do of course! After much discussion with my husband I went last night and had 3-1/2 inches cut off! This makes the getting ready process much quicker...especially since I will be reporting to school 30 minutes earlier than my regular work time!
I found out last week at my Professional Development that I will be doing my student teaching at Eaton Elementary!!! As most of you know...that was my number one request! I am very excited and can't wait to meet my Mentoring Teacher and all of the students. I won't find out what grade I will be in until Monday!

I am very excited with all the changes, but am also a little nervous with so much unknown ahead! I believe in Romans 8:28 with all my heart and will continue to cling to it during this transition.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him,
who have been called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

12 comments:

stacey said...

I love the hair!! I got mine cut too, I'll send you a picture. Enjoy your final days at work. I am so happy you got the school you wanted. You are going to do great. Can't wait to share stories. Love Ya!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Woohoo!! I cannot believe it, only one more day! This is like a whole new start for you! Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! Mom told me that you were doing it and I was so excited!!

Kimberly said...

Your hair is so cute. I love it. I'm so excited that you are getting ready to teach. I told Chandler yesterday that this is the first time in 21 years that I haven't bought school supplies. It's kind of sad. I guess I'll have to buy Chloe some fat crayons and put up for a few months! Let me know if you need any books or units or anything. All of my school stuff is boxed up in our guest room closet.

Summershea said...

Darby,

I just wanted to wish you the best in this exciting journey. Some of my best memories are from my student teaching experiences. Make the most of it I know you'll do great because I can tell your eager to get started by the beautiful smile on your face.

Anonymous said...

pam said . . .

I love the hair - it looks great!!! My prayers continue to be with you during the days ahead and changes!! Love you!

Tara said...

Darby! Yaaaahhh! I am so excited for you, however I just got really sad realizing that I am losing my email buddy at work! I will miss talking to ya, although we can still email. I LOVE the hair by the way! I dont know if you noticed but I got my hair whacked off too! It is super short in the back and gets longer in the front. It is like Adrianne's was at your wedding. I am loving it! Amen to making the "getting ready in the morning" much shorter! I cant wait to hear all about student teaching! Good luck!!! Love you! Tara

Lindsey said...

so excited for you Darb! Good luck starting school, i know you will be awesome at it :) Love the new do too! Maybe I need one too haha

Meredith said...

darby i'm so excited for you and student teaching!! You're going to have so much fun!! P.S. i love your hair!! love you

Heather Robinette said...

I am really excited for you and glad you got the school you wanted. Being happy with your placement makes a huge difference in the way your student teaching will go. I had my first day back at work today. I teach second grade and love it. This will make my tenth year teaching....the time has flown by! I just hope the next twenty are as pleasant as the first ten have been.

Heather

Heather Robinette said...

I like your hair cut too....I left that out!!!

Heather

Ashley said...

I love the new do! Keep us posted on the teaching adventures, I know you will do great!

Brett&Hillary said...

Darby I am a little behind this post, but I really like the new hair-do!! It looks beautiful!!! I can not wait until after the Wedding to cut off some inches.

That is great news too that you got the school you wanted!!! How exciting!!